Business Aviation’s first-ever EU Summit delivers European vision for further deployment of SAF
• Róman Kok, EBAA, +32 488 39 19 79, email@example.com
• Andre Castro, GAMA, +1 202-393-1500, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Steve Csonka, CAAFI, +1 513-800-7980, email@example.com
• Debra Ward, CBAA, +1-613-850-9118, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dan Sweet, HAI, +1 703-302-8466, email@example.com
• Marj Rose, IBAC, +1 214-862-8992, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Shannon Chambers, NATA, +1 703-298-1347, email@example.com
• Dan Hubbard, NBAA, + 1 202-783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
20 April 2021, Brussels. Today, the first-ever European Business Aviation SAF Summit concluded with a strategic plan for advancing the production, availability and use of sustainable aviation fuels in the region.
The strategic vision which was presented at the end of the European Summit, speaks specifically towards the much anticipated upcoming legislative proposal by the European Commission called the ReFuelEU Aviation Initiative and on next steps to increase the uptake of SAF in Europe. Highlighted in particular is:
• Incentivising the entire SAF value chain to allow the market to grow steadily;
• Prioritising SAF for and allocating it to Civil Aviation;
• Incentivising additional Research and Development efforts on SAF technologies;
• Increasing the multiplier under the Renewable Energy Directive;
• Providing a Book & Claim system;
• Monitoring SAF purchase and use.
Building on past events, such as the Virtual 2020 Business Aviation Sustainability Summit in Washington, the European Summit brought together high-level EU officials such as the European Commissioner for Transport Adina-Ioana Vălean, and Mr Jan-Christoph Oetjen, Member of the European Parliament, Vice-Chair of the Committee on Transport and Tourism and the entire Business Aviation value chain under one goal: accelerating the availability and use of SAF.
The single-largest potential reduction in aviation’s green house gas emissions — and key to reaching goals to reduce them — will come about through the broad adoption of SAF as described in the Business Aviation Commitment on Climate Changewhich is ready to be scaled today.
The organisers thanked the main sponsors Bombardier, Dassault Aviation, Embraer, Gulfstream, Luxaviation Group and supporting sponsor SkyNRG, for their generous investment toward the European SAF Summit, and their continued commitment toward this important initiative. The Business Aviation Coalition for Sustainable Aviation Fuel continues to support and advocate for a global adoption of SAF fuels.
Brought to you by
THE BUSINESS AVIATION COALITION FOR SUSTAINABLE AVIATION FUEL